Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hailey's War

"Hailey's War" by Jodi Compton was a surprising book to me. It is the story of Hailey Cain, a West Point washout seems to have something to prove. She has family in the music business and friends in LA gangs, and finds herself protecting a pregnant Mexican teenager. She is smart and savvy, but tends to find herself in tight spots frequently.

This book was one that I couldn't put down. It was a wonderful story told by a great storyteller. The characters have a certain depth that I don't find in many books. I really connected with all the characters, and was ultimately rooting for the home team by the end of the story.

It is a book that has plenty of twists in it, but I wouldn't qualify it as a thriller. That didn't make it any less of a good read in my eyes. I would certainly give this book a try!

Grade-A

I was provided a review copy of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment