Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Soldier's Wife, a book


Wow, what a powerful book. When I received this book to review, I put it to the side as I had a few other books to read first. When I finally made my way to this book, I could not put it down. What a compelling story! The book follows the story of a woman who lives on the Isle of Guersney during WWII. She has 2 daughters and her mother in law to look after while her husband is away fighting in the war. I don't want to give too much away in explination, but just trust me when I say that this is a great love story, and also a tearful tale.

The woman in this book is such a strong character. She is a person that I would like to think I would be like in such a hard time. She does everything possible to protect her children from the horrors of war, and at the same time finds compassion for all people. I would say this is a must read!

A+

The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy was given to me to review from the publisher, Hyperion.

No comments:

Post a Comment