Monday, March 15, 2010

The Raindrop

"The Raindrop" is another children's story by Brian D. McClure that is really fantastic to read, both with my children and by myself. The story is that of a raindrop that thinks it is not important in the world. We follow the raindrop as he falls to the earth, is absorbed in the soil, and moves on until he is once again in the clouds as a raindrop again. This book does an awesome job describing and animating the cycle of a raindrop, and also demonstrates the importance of an individual as well.

I really enjoyed this book. I actually read this one solo, as my little ones had gone to bed for the night. The thing is, I will surely read this with them in the coming days. I loved how the book tells an engaging story about the raindrop character that is also true to life and educational. The illustrations are also good in that they will hold the interest of younger readers.

Aside from the fact that I think the story is wonderful, I really am enjoying the writing style of Brian McClure. I think it is important to let out children know how wonderful each of them are, and so far his books make a point of doing just that. He tells stories that can be compared to real life in a way that makes older children think, and hopefully helps them realize how important they are. I would certainly recommend this book to any parent.

Grade- A

No comments:

Post a Comment