Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Sun and the Moon

I read my last children's book today that came in the group. It is a story about the sun and the moon. They have an argument, and when they are fighting they stop doing their duties. As a result, the earth is frozen and dark. It is really a story about fear and fighting, and how it effects everyone as all things are connected.

I liked this book because I believe that the content is important. I think that children should be taught about conflict and what happens when we call people names or are mean to each other. I also think it is appropriate for this book to show that fear is the basis of most conflicts.

While I liked this book, it may not be a book for some people in that the content is very "new age". It happens to coincide with my beliefs. Also, it would be appropriate for children that are kindergarten age, as it is at that time that most children are introduced to conflicts with their peers at school.

Grade- A-

No comments:

Post a Comment