Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beautiful day

Today I have caught up in some blog reading and have found some inspiring words in them. I really admire my sister and think she is super cool. She is the reason that I use cloth diapers (most of the time) and she has inspired me to even think about sewing projects (none of which I have completed yet). As life goes, I am the parent in my family that has the full time job right now. So this leaves me with more plans to do projects than actual projects.

Because today is earth day, I would like to lay out my plan to live as sustainably as possible. I am super discouraged right now that I cannnot recycle as I was before, but I have faith that the recycle place will open again. All the things I do right now to reduce my waste include not using plastic water bottles(unless it is emergency like traveling), using reusable grocery bags (am doing much better now), buying in bulk as much as possible to reduce packaging, and overall reducing my packaging by making more things at home. I would love to continue finding doable ways to reduce my and my family's impact. I am stuck in a small town, and some things are limited. But what I can do personally is make sure that I live as sustainably as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment