Thursday, January 7, 2010

a cold day in heck

I love winter. It really is one of four of my favorite seasons. I love it when it snows more than anything. Everything seems perfect when you wake up to several inches of fluffy snow, covering the blemishes of the world. But I also dislike the monotony of endless cold days here in the high desert. Even a light wind on these cold days is enough to make a person miserable.

Today I woke up feeling like I was fighting a cold. Scratchy throat, stuffy nose, and pressure in the sinuses were the symptoms. I usually wake up hours before the rest of the family, and then I watch some shows that are recorded that are not appropriate for children (not like that for those dirty minds) and enjoy my own time. I have also been recording yoga shows that are on the public broadcasting channel. This morning I decided to actually try out the the yoga, and just like every other time I do yoga, I loved it! When I am finished, I feel so centered and calm. It really helped to start my day right.

I then went to work. The day went downhill from there. I think that I really am sick, and I feel very achy. As a bonus, my computer is not reading my memory card from the camera. Never fear, I did take my pictures today but just am not able to post them. And I don't feel good, so here I am, whining on the internet. Stay tuned, tomorrow should bring 2 days worth of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment