Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Feels like spring

We are nearing the middle of January here in the high desert. That typically means that there is a lot of snow and ice, or at least frigid temperatures to remind us that winter still has a firm hold on us. That is just not the case the past couple of days. We have had rain, yes I did say rain, for two days in a row here, and two nights as well. It feels like the valley over here. I am a huge fan of snow personally, so this almost feels like he who controls the weather is out to get me!

The spring weather has also got me wondering, should I be planting seeds inside yet? Last year was the first big garden for me, as we got a fence built to keep out the pesky town deer. And my garden did pretty good for my first ever. But I have grand plans this year. I want it to be even better. I know part of that would be to weed the thing some more. But I do want to have several more raised beds and grow different things. And my big goal this year is to do it all from seed. Seeds that I planted. So I am getting anxious to start some seeds, even though I know that it is way too early.

I guess it is never too early to start planning though, right?

I did get my photos taken yesterday, just not posted. Because I refuse to pay to do the 365 on the actual 365 site, I am going to allow myself some leeway to post pictures every couple of days if I need to. I will still take them every day, but for quality of posting, I will do it at a time that I am not feeling rushed. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment